Below are links to helpful resources for adoptive, foster and relative placement parents and guardians:
- Four Oaks – Foster care and adoption services.
- Iowa Department of Human Services – News, performance initiatives, child welfare and more
- Iowa Foster and Adoptive Parents Association – Information, resources and education for Iowa foster and adoptive parents
- Lutheran Services in Iowa – Foster care and adoption services for Western Iowa.
- National Foster Parent Association – Resources, membership opportunities and education and more
- Foundation 2 – A 24-hour crisis phone line, crisis chat and text, family counseling, mobile crisis outreach, an emergency youth shelter and independent living support for youth.
- Central Furniture Rescue – Provides furniture and household items.
- Eastern Iowa Diaper Bank
- Junior League of Cedar Rapids – Assistance for youth aging out of foster care.
- Tanager Place – Mental health services.
- Tanager Place LGBTQ Youth Center – Provides a safe and confidential environment for LGBTQ youth, families and allies.
- Together We Achieve – Supports the basic needs by offering a food pantry and resource center to direct individuals in need.
- YPN – Support for young families.
2023 Foster/Adoptive Parent Resource Fair Vendor List
- Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.: Managed Care Organization providing Medicaid health insurance.
Contact: Natalie Ross firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bikers Against Child Abuse: A body of Bikers that empower children to not be afraid of the world in which they live.
Contact: Doc email@example.com
- Car Seat Station: Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician
Contact: Angela Tastad firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Furniture Rescue: Gently used furniture resource-Helping turn a new place to live into a home.
Contact: Susan Johnston email@example.com
- Chair Massages: Massage Therapist
Contact: Melissa Gansemer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundation 2 Crisis Services/Amp- 24/7 crisis support for people of all ages including phone, in-person care, emergency youth shelter and support services for youth aging out of foster care.
Contact: Renae Koth email@example.com
- Four Oaks Foster and Adoptive Family Connections: Contracted by Iowa Health and Human Services to recruit, train, license and support Iowa’s foster and adoptive families.
Contact: Tonya Watters firstname.lastname@example.org
- HACAP: Connection program administers mental health screenings.
Contact: Monica Miranda email@example.com
- HACAP Family Learning Connections: Family education workshops.
Contact: Samantha Owens SOwens@hacap.org
- Heart and Solutions: Strength based therapy for individuals, couples, and families.
Contact: Tami Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iowa 4-H Positive Youth Development : Empowering youth to reach their full potential through youth-adult partnerships and research based experiences.
Contact: Amey Kollar email@example.com
- Iowa Child Care Resource and Referral: Assists families in finding childcare providers who meet the need of a child and their family.
Contact: Paula Vandervelde PVandervelde@caeiowa.org
- Iowa State University Extension and Outreach: Offers a wide variety of educational programs for all 99 counties including: childcare programs, youth development resources, youth, and adult mental health first aid, camps and family finance programs.
Contact: Demi Johnson Demij@iastate.edu
- Iowa Total Care: Managed Care Organization providing Medicaid health insurance.
Contact: Linda White and Sharrell Soliveras firstname.lastname@example.org Sharrell.L.Soliveras@iowatotalcare.com
- Life Connections: Mental health therapy, BHIS services, Children’s Mental Health Waiver Services, Applied Behavior Analysis, School Based Therapy and Medication Management.
Contact: Emily Krapfl email@example.com
- My Care Community/Linn County Public Health: A network of over 35 heath care and social service providers to help find the care you need.
Contact: Jo Bridgewater firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAMI Linn County: Improve the lives of people and families affected by mental illness through support, education, and advocacy.
Contact: Nancy Edwards email@example.com
- Stride Autism Centers : Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy company providing services to children ages 2-6.
Contact: Katie Saltzman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Success Street: A Collaboration of agencies in the Cedar Valley whose mission is to improve adolescent sexual health outcomes and strengthen young parent families. Service area includes Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan and Butler counties.
Contact: Jean Gallmeyer email@example.com
- Successful Survivors Foundation (Guest Speaker)
Contact: Amber Jewell LMSW firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Dance Academy of Cedar Rapids: Dance Studio
Contact: Elizabeth Kimmel email@example.com
- Together We Achieve: Low barrier evening food pantry and meal site.
Contact: Raymond Siddell firstname.lastname@example.org
- YMCA Camp Wapsi: Offers summer and seasonal camp and retreat programs for kids, families, and groups.
Contact: Paul Denowski email@example.com
- Your Life Iowa: A knowledgeable, nonjudgmental support for Iowa’s with a concern or question about alcohol, substance use, mental health, suicide, or gambling.
Contact: Jena Schoenhofer firstname.lastname@example.org